Butternut Squash & Spinach [Keto] Lasagna
This dish was recommended by a health professional who is on the Keto diet. Even if you arent on Keto though, this recipe looks pretty delicious and I cannot wait to try it myself! Please post your photos of the final product so we can see how well it turns out! 🙂 Most people who are doing Keto diet are measuring everything! So here’s the stats on this dish:
14 Net Carbs | 23% Protein | 22% Carbs | 54% Fat
(Serving Size: 1 rectangle): Calories: 314; Fat 19g (sat 9g, unsat 9g); Protein 18g; Carbs 17g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 5g (added sugars 0g); Sodium 613mg; Calcium 42% DV; Potassium 10% DV
1 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 cups vertically sliced red onion
1 1/2 tbsp sliced garlic
1 (6 oz) package baby spinach
3/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
1/3 cup whole milk
3 oz sliced provolone cheese, torn into small pieces
1 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 (20 oz) butternut squash
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
sprig of tyme for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes. Add spinach; saute until wilted. Remove from heat. Place yogurt, milk, and provolone in a blender; blend 20 seconds. Add salt and eggs; blend 1 minute.
2. Peel neck of squash. Cut neck from bulb. Cut neck lengthwise into 24 (1/8-inch-thick) slices using a knife or mandoline. (Use bulb for more slices if needed).
3. Place squash slices in an 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at high until squash slices are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Remove squash from dish. Coat dish with cooking spray; spread 1/2 cup yogurt mixture in bottom of dish.
4. Shingle one-third of squash over yogurt mixture. Top with one-third of ricotta cheese, one-third of spinach mixture, and one-third of remaining yogurt mixture. Repeat procedure twice, ending with yogurt mixture.
5. Sprinkle lasagna with Gruyere cheese. Cover dish with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Turn on broiler with oven rack about 8 inches from top. Remove foil from dish; broil for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; loosely cover, and let stand 20 minutes. Garnish with thyme. Cut into 6 rectangles.