CALIFORNIA STYLE FISH TACOS
Taco Tuesday is a national event, and what kind of challenge would this be without introducing a healthy taco recipe?! Getting into the habit to ask for grilled instead of fried is a huge difference when it comes to your health. So, here’s a GRILLED fish taco recipe that will make you never want to go back to any other kind of taco!
Fish Taco Ingredients:
8 small white corn or flour tortillas
1 lb tilapia
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Butter
Fish Taco Toppings:
2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
1 medium avocado sliced
2 Roma tomatoes diced (optional)
1/2 diced red onion
1/2 bunch Cilantro longer stems removed
1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve
4 radishes sliced (optional)
Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Mayo
2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 medium lime
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Sriracha sauce or to taste
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, combine seasonings: 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of tilapia.
2. Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. To brown edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired.
3. Combine all taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
4. To serve the tacos, quickly toast the tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
5. To assemble: start with pieces of fish then add the remaining ingredients finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.