Who doesn’t love having some healthy snacks around that are just GOOD?! Well these are great to pre-make for a party or just for the kids running around. Watch out though, they may go pretty fast!
TURKEY CLUB CUPS
12 slices roasted deli turkey
12 slices sharp cheddar
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 pt. cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400° and lightly grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Place a slice of turkey into each muffin cup. Add a slice of cheddar, then bake until turkey is sturdy and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together mayo and Dijon. Add a dollop to the bottom of each turkey cup and spread around. Fill with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and bacon.
4. Repeat to fill cups.
6 slices bacon, halved
2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
Sesame seeds, for garnish
[/fusion_content_box][fusion_content_box title=”” backgroundcolor=”” icon=”” iconflip=”” iconrotate=”” iconspin=”” iconcolor=”” circlecolor=”” circlebordersize=”” circlebordercolor=”” outercirclebordersize=”” outercirclebordercolor=”” image=”” image_id=”” image_max_width=”” link=”” linktext=”” link_target=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit it with a cooling rack. Lay bacon halves in an even layer and bake until slightly crisp but still pliable, 11 to 13 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut cucumbers, carrots, and avocado into sections roughly the width of the bacon.
3. When bacon is cool enough to touch, spread an even layer of cream cheese on each slice. Divide vegetables evenly between the bacon and place on one end. Roll up vegetables tightly.
4. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve
BELL PEPPER NACHOS
4 bell peppers, cut into small wedges
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. guacamole
1 c. pico de gallo salsa
1/2 c. pickled jalapeño slices
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tbsp. milk (or water)
Lime wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425° and line two small baking sheets with foil.
2. Divide bell peppers between baking sheets. Toss with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper. Lay the wedges on the baking sheets in a single layer, cut side up. Bake until peppers are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Top bell peppers with both Monterey Jack and cheddar. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
4. Top with guacamole, salsa, and pickled jalapeños. In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and milk together and drizzle over bell peppers. Squeeze a lime wedge on top and serve with more lime wedges.