Your Local Caledonia, MI Chiropractor
Dr. Derek Munson, D.C.
Dr. Derek Munson, D.C. is a chiropractor in Caledonia, MI offering cutting edge chiropractic care, massage therapy, and a full line of supreme quality nutritional supplements. Before becoming a chiropractor Dr. Derek spent two years during his undergraduate work at Saginaw Valley State University as a medical scribe in the emergency department where he witnessed first-hand how our current medical system fell short in addressing the cause of illness and injuries. Dr. Derek said that during his experience there he saw how “patients were reduced to their diagnosis and symptoms” and that “their health as a whole was not addressed and they suffered because of that”. The patient-centered, health-focused Chiropractic system was re-introduced to him after a series of low back injuries while working through his undergraduate degree program. Dr. Derek had always received chiropractic care during his childhood from all the bumps, bruises, and accidents that came with growing up on a farm and riding horses. Dr. Derek said that “somehow I did not connect the dots of the kind of doctor I wanted to be and how I could help people naturally, until the unfortunate occurrence where I had to have an emergency appendectomy. Subsequently, I was prescribed opioid pain-killers following the surgery, and was unable to think clearly or find my typical mental sharpness. I hated that feeling, and I hated even more that I saw many patients coming into the emergency department, leaving with similar prescriptions and conditions”. This is when his passion for the power of the human body and his desire to find better healthcare was ignited. The appreciation for the body’s ability to adapt and heal naturally truly came to light during his doctorate of chiropractic studies at Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, Minnesota. Dr. Derek explains that he “wanted to serve my community to the best of my ability, so I set my mind to attending as many seminars and elective courses that were teaching various techniques of chiropractic care as I could. I am thankful for the deeper growth and experience provided by the many doctors I have had the pleasure of working with over these years”.
All of his passion, time, and work has led Dr. Derek back home to his west Michigan community where he cannot wait to help Michiganders redefine what health means to them. To facilitate true healing through the removal of your interferences and to empower you to attain 100% health. When he’s not caring for patients’ spines, Dr. Derek enjoys spending time with his wife, Rebecca, whom he met at Saginaw Valley State. He also enjoys boating on the lake, fishing, hiking and just being outdoors experiencing nature’s beauty. Attending art and music festivals and visiting breweries are also some of his favorite activities. With a zest for life, Dr. Derek and his wife enjoy exploring and traveling to new places and meeting new people. They are often accompanied by their two beloved Golden Retrievers, Winston and Bailey. He is also very excited to share the news that he and his wife are expecting their first child, due on Thanksgiving. What a wonderful addition to give thanks for this year!
How We Help Our Patients:
Are you looking for a chiropractor in Caledonia you can trust with your health and body? 100% Chiropractic in Caledonia provides chiropractic care for people of all ages—from infants to seniors. We believe in overall natural wellness care and long term chiropractic corrective care to prevent the bigger aches, pains, and sicknesses. We also see time and time again how chiropractic care helps people improve their quality of life by reducing and even eliminating pain and improving range of motion, which is essentially important after an accident or sports injury prompts chiropractic care. Some of the conditions chiropractic helps with are:
- Neck and back pain
- Pregnancy pain and discomfort
- Digestive issues
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Joint pain (including hips, knees, and elbows)
- Sinus congestion and pain
- Asthma and allergies
- Pinched Nerves
- Sciatic Pain
In addition, patients often find that regular adjustments by a chiropractor can lead to more restful sleep, increased energy, increased immune response, and decreased stress levels. Our Caledonia chiropractic team uses innovative treatments to care for your whole family. If you have been just coping with pain or have been meaning to find a Michigan chiropractor for wellness purposes, at 100% Chiropractic, we are your people. We treat each patient as an individual, finding out how we can serve each one and get their bodies to 100%. Several of our focuses are:
- Chiropractic X-ray: We use x-ray information to guide treatment planning and care, rule out more serious issues, and aid in adjustments.
- Wellness Care for the Family: We treat anyone, no matter what age. From a newborn infant to a senior citizen, each person can benefit from the stimulation of the nervous system and proper alignment that adjustments provide. Adjustments are tailored to each patient and their comfort level. Obviously, an adjustment on a newborn doesn’t look like an adjustment on someone training for a triathlon.
- Corrective Chiropractic Care: Getting adjusted a few times can definitely help with immediate pain and subluxations, but to correctly heal the body so that long term pain does not return and your body is functioning at 100% we specialize in corrective chiropractic care. Corrective care is a process that resets the spine to its correct position on an incremental basis as opposed to waiting until you have a major injury or daily thoughts, traumas, and toxins set in too much.
- Accident and Sports Injury Chiropractic: Have you been in a car accident, had a rough fall, or sustained a sports injury? There can be serious repercussions to the body if your body heals from an accident without being in the proper alignment first. After experiencing an accident or a sports injury chiropractor services are essential as you might deal with pain daily if you don’t reinforce proper alignment through adjustments while healing.
- Massage/Stretch therapy: In addition to being relaxing and reducing muscle and joint pain, massage and stretch therapy can help prepare muscles for a chiropractic adjustment, and hold it longer.
Why 100% Chiropractic?
At 100% Chiropractic we want to make a change in our Caledonia community. We strive to see our community members and patients feeling 100%. Whether that means they can get through the workday without getting a headache, running that race without getting an injury, or chasing your toddlers around all day, we are committed to seeing success from your treatments. From your chronic pain to your one-time sports injury our chiropractors in Caledonia are your resource for complete health and well-being.
Our motto is “100% Integrity, 100% Commitment, 100% Chiropractic.” We suggest the care you need to heal and maintain a healthy lifestyle depending on the cause of your pain, your goals for activity, and from reviewing x-rays of your spine if necessary. Our chiropractors are dedicated to our patients and highly trained. Seeing people heal and maintain a healthy lifestyle is the biggest motivator here.
We know there are other chiropractors in Michigan, and we are honored each time someone new chooses to walk into our office and trust their health to our chiropractors. We want to support our community by helping them stay active, reduce and eliminate pain, and teach them about wellness care instead of only looking to the medical community when they are sick. Come see us at our Caledonia 100% Chiropractic office, and we will get you moving and living life at 100%.