DETOX WEEK Dinner Recipe
Because I already set you up for success with your breakfast recipe and you pre-made a bunch of quinoa, Im going to make this recipe a quinoa one as well! Learning about quinoa and all the different ways it can be served is super exciting! I promise we will bring in some more variation next week. These stuffed peppers are easy to make, delicious, and the presentation is sure to impress anyone (even yourself)!
If you need any information about quinoa refer to the previous recipe “Detox Week Breakfast Recipe” – password “detox1”
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
(Cooking time: 2 hours, Serves 2, Calories per serving: 250)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 clove of garlic, crushed
5 oz. spinach, fresh or frozen
One 15oz. can diced tomatoes, drained with liquid set aside
One 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup quinoa
3/4 cup carrots, peeled and grated
1 tsp. serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
2 large bell peppers, cut in half with ribs and seeds removed
sprig of cilantro
1/2 pound of ground lean turkey (optional – adds 167 calories per serving )
1 Avocado (optional – adds 150 calories per serving)
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is translucent, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add cumin and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
4. Stir in spinach and tomatoes, saving the liquid from the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes until most liquid has evaporated.
5. Mix in black beans, quinoa, carrots, hot peppers, salt, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, add ground turkey (crumble), cook for 10 more minutes until quinoa is tender and turkey is cooked.
8. Pour in liquid from tomatoes into bottom of glass baking dish.
9. Fill in each bell pepper half with 3/4 cup quinoa mix and place in baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
10. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until tops of peppers are browned.
11. Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
121. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
I hope you enjoy these recipes! I will definitely be posting photos of the finished products as I make them along with you. Stay tuned on the Facebook group where you can ask others for advice and see their progress, and how their recipes turned out! If you post to any of your social channels don’t forget to tag @100_percent_chiropractic and use the hashtag #100nynychallenge2021.