Your Lake Oswego, OR Chiropractor
Dr. Edward Kim, D.C.
Hey there! I’m Dr. Eddie Kim. My journey through chiropractic isn’t as standard as most, with my undergraduate studies at the University of the Pacific focusing on becoming a dentist. Growing up in a family full of health care practitioners, I always knew that my passion was pursuing a profession within the healthcare field. As I was preparing to take the DATs to apply to dental school in the summer of 2017, I sustained a longboarding accident which left me with a broken left arm that put my dental studies to a halt. It was during this time that I grew respect and passion for holistic care because I was overloaded on pain medications and opioids to deal with my pain, and it made me feel awful. While I loved learning and growing my knowledge in the medical and dental fields, I took this time to take a step back from my studies to find myself and to really learn about the world of chiropractic. During my recovery, I was bedridden for close to 3 months, which left me with severe back pain and was recommended by a close friend to look into visiting a chiropractor. After receiving my first adjustments, it gave me a whole new perspective on holistic health care, and from then on, the rest was history. I loved how much of an impact a chiropractor was able to make in my life without the use of medication and the physical, hands-on aspect of the profession. This was the moment that I knew chiropractic was my calling, so I switched up my ambitions to pursue a career in chiropractic.
Being back home in Portland, Oregon during my recovery allowed me to get introduced to a few friends who were in the Doctor of Chiropractic program at the University of Western States. After attending an orientation and hearing the amazing stories from the professors and doctors, it solidified my new home at the University of Western States in January of 2020. It was at UWS where I learned the importance and strengths of providing well researched, evidence-based care to all of the patients that came through my door. I truly believe that chiropractic care can change people’s lives, and I am excited to be a part of your health journey back to 100% every step of the way. Can’t wait to meet you all and welcome you into our family!
How We Help Our Patients:
Are you looking for a chiropractor in Lake Oswego you can trust with your health and body? 100% Chiropractic in Lake Oswego, OR provides chiropractic care for people of all ages—from infants to seniors. We believe in overall natural wellness care and long term chiropractic corrective care to prevent the bigger aches, pains, and sicknesses. We also see time and time again how chiropractic care helps people improve their quality of life by reducing and even eliminating pain and improving range of motion, which is essentially important after an accident or sports injury prompts chiropractic care. Some of the conditions chiropractic helps with are:
- Neck and back pain
- Pregnancy pain and discomfort
- Digestive issues
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Joint pain (including hips, knees, and elbows)
- Sinus congestion and pain
- Asthma and allergies
- Pinched Nerves
- Sciatic Pain
In addition, patients often find that regular adjustments by a chiropractor can lead to more restful sleep, increased energy, increased immune response, and decreased stress levels. Our Lake Oswego chiropractic team uses innovative treatments to care for your whole family. If you have been just coping with pain or have been meaning to find a Oregon chiropractor for wellness purposes, at 100% Chiropractic, we are your people. We treat each patient as an individual, finding out how we can serve each one and get their bodies to 100%. Several of our focuses are:
- Chiropractic X-ray: We use x-ray information to guide treatment planning and care, rule out more serious issues, and aid in adjustments.
- Wellness Care for the Family: We treat anyone, no matter what age. From a newborn infant to a senior citizen, each person can benefit from the stimulation of the nervous system and proper alignment that adjustments provide. Adjustments are tailored to each patient and their comfort level. Obviously, an adjustment on a newborn doesn’t look like an adjustment on someone training for a triathlon.
- Corrective Chiropractic Care: Getting adjusted a few times can definitely help with immediate pain and subluxations, but to correctly heal the body so that long term pain does not return and your body is functioning at 100% we specialize in corrective chiropractic care. Corrective care is a process that resets the spine to its correct position on an incremental basis as opposed to waiting until you have a major injury or daily thoughts, traumas, and toxins set in too much.
- Accident and Sports Injury Chiropractic: Have you been in a car accident, had a rough fall, or sustained a sports injury? There can be serious repercussions to the body if your body heals from an accident without being in the proper alignment first. After experiencing an accident or a sports injury chiropractor services are essential as you might deal with pain daily if you don’t reinforce proper alignment through adjustments while healing.
- Massage/Stretch therapy: In addition to being relaxing and reducing muscle and joint pain, massage and stretch therapy can help prepare muscles for a chiropractic adjustment, and hold it longer.
Why 100% Chiropractic?
At 100% Chiropractic we want to make a change in our Lake Oswego, OR community. We strive to see our community members and patients feeling 100%. Whether that means they can get through the workday without getting a headache, running that race without getting an injury, or chasing your toddlers around all day, we are committed to seeing success from your treatments. From your chronic pain to your one-time sports injury our chiropractors in Lake Oswego are your resource for complete health and well-being.
Our motto is “100% Integrity, 100% Commitment, 100% Chiropractic.” We suggest the care you need to heal and maintain a healthy lifestyle depending on the cause of your pain, your goals for activity, and from reviewing x-rays of your spine if necessary. Our chiropractors are dedicated to our patients and highly trained. Seeing people heal and maintain a healthy lifestyle is the biggest motivator here.
We know there are other chiropractors in Oregon, and we are honored each time someone new chooses to walk into our office and trust their health to our chiropractors. We want to support our community by helping them stay active, reduce and eliminate pain, and teach them about wellness care instead of only looking to the medical community when they are sick. Come see us at our Lake Oswego, Oregon 100% Chiropractic office, and we will get you moving and living life at 100%.